[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brad Burleson" <bradb667 at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Accessing LAN from other subnets
 Date:  Wed, 5 Apr 2006 00:55:28 -0700
On 4/5/06, Pierre-Yves Maunier <pierre dash yves at maunier dot net> wrote:

> Brad Burleson wrote:
> > (after I disabled DHCP and set it's address to 192.168.1.150).
> >
> So, the wireless router has an IP address in the 'LAN' subnet ? And it's
> connected to the Wifi interface ?
> If I've understood, there is a wireless link between your 4801 and the
> linksys box and a wire connection the the lan switch ?
> I don't understand why your Linksys has an ip address in the lan subnet
> if it should be connected the the wifi interface of your 4801.

Oops, my bad - the linksys actually has an ip address if 192.168.2.150 and
that address is only to use it's configuration software (to change wep
key/ssid, etc.).  Since I've plugged the OPT1 interface from the 4801 into
one of the "switch" ports on the linksys, it should be working as a simple
access point, correct?

> > The problem is I want to be able to ssh into a box on the LAN from
> either
> > the 'WiFi' or 'DMZ' subnets.  In addition, I need NetBIOS services
> available
> > to 'WiFi' users.  So, I'm starting simply trying to ssh from 'WiFi' to a
> > 'LAN' server and I can't connect.
> >
> > [...]
> Try to allow icmp from any to any on all interfaces and try to ping just
> to verify your problem is not a firewall rule problem.
> > Thanks for any help,

I'll give that a try, thanks,

Brad.