[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] need help with retransmits and lost frames through m0n0 1.21
 Date:  Wed, 5 Apr 2006 12:36:53 -0500
On 4/5/06, Robert Rich <rrich at gstisecurity dot com> wrote:

> Both were at 100/Full...and no collisions on the interface from the switch (a common side-effect
of having a duplex mismatch).  Is there an easy way to see the interface settings on m0n0?

Status -> Interfaces.  It'll show errors and other info there.

> Thanks again!  I'm going to see what happens with the new NICs...the NetGear cards
> aren't exactly high end equipment. :)

yeah, but should still get way higher throughput than you're talking about.

You disable PNP OS in the BIOS?

Have the latest BIOS on the machine?  I've had issues with Dell
workstations of that era with an outdated BIOS, they were fine with
Windows, but there were some major BIOS bugs that caused issues with
FreeBSD that were all solved by a BIOS upgrade.

-Chris