[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Taylor <chris at x dash bb dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Access VPN terminated to LAN in filtered bridge setup
 Date:  Wed, 05 Apr 2006 22:57:57 +0100
Chris Buechler wrote:
> On 4/5/06, Chris Taylor <chris at x dash bb dot org> wrote:
>> What I'd like to do is allow my servers (on OPT1) to access a CVS server
>> at the remote end of my IPSec tunnel. Is this possible? At present a
>> ping or traceroute from one of my servers gets routed out the WAN
>> interface and lost in the colo's network.
>
> Yeah, and there isn't any way to change that.  In a bridging setup,
> m0n0wall just drops or passes, it doesn't route or redirect.  Since
> the default gateway on your servers is the colo's router, there isn't
> anything you can do.

Thanks for your reply, Chris.

Is this ever likely to be supported by future versions of m0n0wall
(perhaps on FreeBSD 6.0?) or is this one of those "that's just how it
has to be" situations?

I'll probably work around it by publicly exposing my CVS server on
another port via NAT but I'm curious to know if what I proposed is ever
expected to be a workable setup.

Thanks,

Chris