[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brad Burleson" <bradb667 at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Accessing LAN from other subnets
 Date:  Wed, 5 Apr 2006 17:01:45 -0700

>  On 4/5/06, Pierre-Yves Maunier <pierre dash yves at maunier dot net> wrote:
>
> > Just to be sure about your plugs. Your Wifi interface is the OPT1 NIC
> > with a cable to the linksys ?
> > If it's that, yep, the linksys should act as a AP.

Just for the record, yes, OPT1, and yes, the cable to the linksys goes to
the switch part of the linksys and NOT the WAN port.

And my problem must be even more simple than a rules mistake - I started all
over again, reset to factory defaults, created OPT1, renamed it WiFi, then
set it active and enabled DHCP.  I put a rule in for WiFi that passes
EVERYTHING, and added the same rule to the LAN.

Still, I can't even ping the LAN from WiFi (OPT1).  Any ideas?

Brad.