[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brad Burleson" <bradb667 at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Fwd: [m0n0wall] Accessing LAN from other subnets
 Date:  Wed, 5 Apr 2006 17:30:39 -0700
On 4/5/06, Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:

> On 4/5/06, Brad Burleson <bradb667 at gmail dot com> wrote:
> >
> > And my problem must be even more simple than a rules mistake - I started
> all
> > over again, reset to factory defaults, created OPT1, renamed it WiFi,
> then
> > set it active and enabled DHCP.  I put a rule in for WiFi that passes
> > EVERYTHING, and added the same rule to the LAN.
> >
> > Still, I can't even ping the LAN from WiFi (OPT1).  Any ideas?
> >

> Enable logging on all your rules and see what m0n0wall sees (or
> doesn't see).  That'll help you narrow it down at least.
>
> -Chris

 Good idea.  When I turn on logging and try to access my webserver from
OPT1, I see this:

(pass)
  17:19:19.486849 WiFi
<https://192.168.2.1/diag_logs_filter.php?if=WiFi> 192.168.2.149,
port 1835 <https://192.168.2.1/diag_logs_filter.php?sp=1835> 192.168.1.250,
port 80 <https://192.168.2.1/diag_logs_filter.php?dp=80>
TCP<https://192.168.2.1/diag_logs_filter.php?pr=TCP>

But... I still get no page to display.  "Cannot find server".  This works
fine from the LAN itself.

It looks like it works but it doesn't.