[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE: Problem: I need an IP address!
 Date:  Thu, 6 Apr 2006 12:29:37 -0400
On 4/6/06, Carsten Holbach <Carsten dot Holbach at gmx dot de> wrote:

> If I understand the logfile information you provided correctly, you
> already get a dynamic IP:
>
> Apr  6 15:25:40 m0n0wall mpd:  IPADDR 62.148.159.10

Yeah, looks like that's the case.  The way PPPoE with static IP's
works, from what I've seen here in the US from Bellsouth, is you get a
dynamic IP on WAN and your static IP's are assigned aside from that
dynamic PPPoE IP.  You enter those static IP's in proxy ARP, then you
can use them for whatever type of NAT you desire.

-Chris