[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Sabo" <dsabo at valeven dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: NAT OPT1, OPT2 Same internal IP
 Date:  Thu, 6 Apr 2006 15:04:06 -0400
I'm trying to enroute to two different networks, one through opt1 and the
other through opt2.  Each networks requires a specific IP address for
security reasons, so I need to perform a 1:1 NAT for each interface. Could I
do this?

Thank you very much.

David

On 4/6/06, David Sabo <dsabo at valeven dot com> wrote:

>             When I tried  to set this configuration the application throws
> the following error: "Another 1:1 rule overlaps with the specified
internal
> subnet."

Yeah, 1:1 NAT is just that, only 1 to 1.  You're trying to do 2 to 1.
What you're attempting is likely possible, just not by using 1:1 NAT.
What specifically are you wanting to accomplish with this setup?  The
most suitable configuration depends on what you're trying to do.

-Chris

  _____