[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VPN - Connection goes down, have to reset all branches
 Date:  Tue, 4 Apr 2006 16:15:39 -0500
On 4/4/06, C. Andrew Zook <andrewzook at pdqlocks dot com> wrote:
> Sorry, I should have been more descriptive....
>
> If the Internet connection of the hub drops, or the branch locations are
> randomly disconnected for some reason, the branch locations do not try
> to reconnect until rebooted.

Clicking the Save button on the IPsec page without changing anything
on the branch locations doesn't bring it back up?

I don't know what the solution may be, but personally I wouldn't
complain too much.  I have a big dollar Cisco VPN deployment that
requires manually clearing the SAD's most of the time when a T1
hiccups even briefly.

Posting the system logs from both ends when it happens might be
helpful for determining why it isn't coming back up.  Also checking
the SAD on both ends under Diagnostics -> IPsec might be helpful.

-Chris