[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mike Ansell <mike dot ansell at norrcom dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  VPN Redirect problem
 Date:  Sat, 08 Apr 2006 13:39:39 +1200
Hello all.

I am working on the below scenario. To get a secure wireless network
completely seperate from our LAN.

My Laptop: 172.16.1.5               -  On the wireless AP

Firewall WAN: 172.16.1.1           - Wireless AP plugged in here

Firewall LAN: 10.20.1.5              - plugged to VPN WAN

VPNSERVER WAN: 10.20.1.1    - plugged to firewall LAN

VPNSERVER LAN: 192.168.1.100          - plugged to corporate LAN

LAN GATEWAY: 192.168.1.1

Currently both Firewall and vpnserver boxes are m0n0wall's. Eventually after
testing we will change the vpnserver to our Windows 2003 RAS server.

I need my laptop to be able to create a VPN PPTP connection to the
VPNSERVER, through the firewall.

I have enabled VPN server on the VPNSERVER m0n0 box, with VPN server IP
10.20.1.1.

I have enable VPN redirect on the firewall to 10.20.1.1

I cannot connect from my laptop on the WAN of Firewall.

I can confirm that I can establish a connection with the VPN if I plug into
WAN side of VPNSERVER with my laptop on IP: 10.20.1.2 (and it works really
well, congrats m0n0wall!)

Can anyone help me out?

Thank you so much.

Mike.