[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VPN Redirect problem
 Date:  Fri, 7 Apr 2006 22:12:36 -0400
On 4/7/06, Mike Ansell <mike dot ansell at norrcom dot com> wrote:

> Firewall WAN: 172.16.1.1           - Wireless AP plugged in here
>
> Firewall LAN: 10.20.1.5              - plugged to VPN WAN

You didn't mention, so I'll assume you haven't disabled NAT.  In this
situation, you don't want to NAT.  Enable advanced outbound NAT on the
Outbound tab of the NAT screen.  Then, I'd switch the LAN and WAN so
LAN is the wireless network and WAN is the VPN server.  That way the
default gateway of the system is pointing in the correct direction
(default gateway is always on WAN).  In this type of setup, it doesn't
matter what the interfaces are labeled by the system, you're using it
as a filtering router, not a firewall.

-Chris