[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  dny <mail2dny at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] captive portal and wireless repeater (wds) problem
 Date:  Sat, 8 Apr 2006 14:37:43 +0700
On 4/8/06, Mike Ansell <mike dot ansell at norrcom dot com> wrote:
> Sounds like your wds nodes are NAT masquerading
> What kind of WAP and wds hardware are you running. I had a similar problem
> with IkarusOS.
>
> Mike

i'm pretty sure it didnt do any natting.
and these facts support my believe:
- all wireless clients can ping each other, and firewall can ping to
all clients, regardless which ap/repeater they connect to.
- all clients can ping to firewall
- all ip is in same network/subnet and retrieved by dhcp from firewall
- the firewall settings already disabled from all wireless ap/repeater gui
- windows network neighbourhood can see all computers, regardless
which ap/repeater they connect to.

all my wireless is linksys wrt54g flashed with ddwrt firmware.

rgds,
dny

--

... but that which cometh out of the mouth,
this defileth a man.   Mat 15:11