[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  vlan bridging broken?
 Date:  Sat, 8 Apr 2006 10:29:05 +0100
Hi,

        I seem to remember a while back that someone posted a similar
problem but I appear to have recreated it myself!  The full details are:

I'm running 1.22 Generic PC version.

I have the following interfaces configured:

vlan0   LAN
vlan1   WAN
vlan2   OPT1
vlan3   OPT2
vlan4   OPT3

OPT1 is bridged with WAN.  I have advanced outbound NAT set and am not
NATing traffic from LAN -> OPT1 so that I can still access the servers
by their real IP addresses.

I can access OPT1 from LAN no problem at all but OPT1 cannot get
anything from the WAN!

As I have a managed switch, I've setup a spanned port and can see the
SYN go out from the server on OPT1, I can see it leave the WAN
interface.  I then see the SYN-ACK return to the WAN interface but I
don't see it return to OPT1.

I can also see the connection entered into the state table.

I normally have 'Enable filtering bridge' selected but even if I disable
it, it still doesn't work.

This was all working fine on 1.21 when I had separate NICs but I've now
moved to one VLAN trunk and it no longer seems to work.

I'm going to try a separate physical NIC for OPT1 to see if that makes a
difference but I'd rather not have to - the whole point of the exercise
was to reduce cabling and try to simplify things!

Any advice will be appreciated!

Many thanks in advance,

                                Neil.