[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Failover to VPN
 Date:  Sat, 8 Apr 2006 19:08:54 -0400
On 4/8/06, Gil Freund <gilf at sysnet dot co dot il> wrote:

> We are having problems with our leased line, and were wondering if we can setup
> a redundent VPN tunnel tunnel over the adsl lines.

Yes.  you'll have to manually adjust your routing appropriately to
direct the traffic over the tunnel.   (unless you can setup the router
for the leased line to automatically route to the appropriate
destination based on the status of leased line.  that's beyond the
scope of this list though)

> (This is assumeing the netscreen can do it.... If not a two m0n0wall config will
> be just fine by me)

Netscreen should be usable as an IPsec endpoint, but it might be
easier and quicker to get it running with two m0n0walls.

This is old documentation, and I know there are some inaccuracies, but
it should get you up and running.  One main thing I'd suggest is to
use main mode rather than aggressive as it suggests.
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/ipsec-tunnels.html

-Chris