[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "MonoWall-General List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IGMP 224.0.0.1 auto blocked by rule at @0 - filling up logs
 Date:  Sat, 8 Apr 2006 19:22:47 -0400
On 4/8/06, Troy <troy at twisted dot net> wrote:
> my CPE router will constantly send out meaningless IGMP packets every 2
> minutes (WAN side) and it's filling up my logs.  I looked at the output of
> ipfstat -nio and the rule that is matching is not listed.

sure it is.  it's group 0, rule 3.  IIRC that should be the 3rd rule
from the top of the list.  read this closer:
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/troubleshooting-firewall-rules.html

I'm in a hotel at the moment so I don't have a m0n0wall handy, so I'm
not sure what rule it might be.

properly putting in a non-logging rule on the WAN to drop that traffic
should work.  I've done something similar on one of my installs, but I
can't access it right now to see how it was done.

Alternatively, you can disable logging on the default rule (logging
page, settings tab, IIRC) and then enter the appropriate rules with
and without logging as you desire.  That should definitely work.

-Chris