[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Robert Rich <rrich at gstisecurity dot com>
 To:  "C. Andrew Zook" <andrewzook at pdqlocks dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] need help with retransmits and lost frames through m0n0 1.21
 Date:  Fri, 07 Apr 2006 13:18:31 -0400
Hi Andy,

This sounds like you have it fixed, but just in case.  I fixed my
problem by setting the Cisco switch to auto-negotiate the port...there
may be a way to set the m0n0 interfaces to specific speed and duplex,
but I'm not sure how.

You mentioned 'hub'...if it truly is an Ethernet hub (CSMA/CD), then
you're stuck with half-duplex, but since that's the way hubs are
supposed to work, it's not a problem.

Hope that helps...

Bob