[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Teunissen <lists at onemanifest dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Maybe stupid questions
 Date:  Sun, 9 Apr 2006 15:41:13 +0200
On 9-apr-2006, at 10:50, Steve Ringwald wrote:
> Martinez wrote:
>> Hi!!
>>
>> How do I connect my m0n0wall if I have a DSL connection with a
>> router (3com wireless)? Do I have to NAT my router to my m0n0?
>> Is it possible to VPN 2 m0no behind 2 router with dinamic ip?
>
> If your router supports DMZ, it is even easier than that; DMZ of
> the router at the m0n0wall, and it should work without needing the
> additional NAT.

Or you could check if your router supports bridge mode. It
effectively turns of natting, resulting in a transparent box between
your phoneline and the m0n0. I'm not sure how the wireless part of
your router would fit in, guess you'd better turn that off. I assume
you'd want all traffic to go through the m0n0 anyway.
If setup this way, I don't see anything keeping you from VPN-ing to
your m0n0 since the 3com router has become invisible to the data
traffic.

Peter