[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Teunissen <lists at onemanifest dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Maybe stupid questions
 Date:  Sun, 9 Apr 2006 16:52:02 +0200
On 9-apr-2006, at 16:27, Gabe Gall wrote:

> Here is how I have my DSL/m0n0 connection setup.
>
> DSL <-> m0n0wall <-> Dlink Wireless Router <-> Rest of network:
> switches,
> clients, VoIP, etc.
>
> The m0n0wall handles the PPPoE end and then I have the Dlink
> wireless router
> hooked up into the network using one of the four switch ports.  I
> do not use
> the WAN port on the Dlink at all.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Gabe

Ah, I see. I thought you'd be using the router to establish the DSL
connection. In this situation, I'd also see if I could turn the
wireless router into a wireless bridge and swapping the router and
the switch around, thus connecting the routers wan port through the
switch to the lan port of the m0n0 or without a switch directly to an
extra OPT port of the m0n0 (the latter making it possible to apply
special fw rules for wireless access). I don't know if you can VPN to
the m0n0 through another port then the WAN. Others might be of more
help on that subject.But if that's possible, I think it could be done
since a bridge isn't visible to the VPN traffic.

Peter