[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Jonathan Karras" <jkarras at karras dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] radius & mysql
 Date:  Sun, 9 Apr 2006 20:21:47 +0200
On 4/9/06, Jonathan Karras <jkarras at karras dot net> wrote:

> YvesDM wrote:
> > I try to turn on mysql db for authentication and accounting, though it
> > doesn't work.
> > The logs tell me this:
> > Sun Apr  9 17:21:28 2006 : Error: Failed creating PID file
> > /var/run/freeradius/freeradius.pid: No such file or directory
> >
> > What am i missing here?
> > All help is appreciated.
> >
> > many tnx
> > Yves
> >

> The problem seems to be that /var/run/freeradius directory doesn't
> exist. Check that the directory exists and its permissions.
>
> Jonathan

Yes, i noticed that to. But creating that dir didn't solve the problem.
I did a quick re-install of freeradius through apt-get and everything is ok
now.
Though i think i still get authenticated through the users file and i want
it to be done through mysql
I don't get it how to accomplish this. I created the radius db and set up
the necessary tables,
made the changes in the conf files to so the accounting and authorizing goes
through mysql.
But how do you add your users to mysql? manually, i guess/hope not?

tnx
yves