[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "jan gestre" <m0n0wall dot list at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Alain Fauconnet" <alain at ait dot ac dot th>
 Cc:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>, "MonoWall-General List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] how do i block a particular client internet access
 Date:  Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:29:38 +0800
On 4/10/06, Alain Fauconnet <alain at ait dot ac dot th> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 12:35:51AM -0400, Chris Buechler wrote:
> > On 4/9/06, Alain Fauconnet <alain at ait dot ac dot th> wrote:
> > >
> > > Since I have the same need here I have read this page and I was
> > > suprised not seeing any solution based on custom ipfw rules.
> > >

> > IPfilter does the firewalling in m0n0wall, not ipfw.  ipfw is only for
> > traffic shaper and captive portal.  Using it for filtering can have
> > unintended consequences, but since you're just doing a deny, that
> > shouldn't be a problem.
>
> Thanks for the info. Actually I had overlooked the fact that Jan does
> *not* use the captive portal at all, as he wrote. Will such rules be
> even considered in this case or not?
>
> most of my users are old and stupid and i don't want to be bothered by so
many questions like why do i have to do that...blah blah blah, i am already
hampered with the day to day desktop support so why add another burden?
hehehe. since im no guru, i  just want a simple and immediate solution.
i also want to trace this specific user whose mac address and dhcp lease on
the monowall seems strange.
     MAC                                         Start
End
00:ab:00:00:00:00                  2006/04/10 10:31:35           1970/01/01
07:59:59