[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mielke Matthias" <m dot mielke at dkfz dash heidelberg dot de>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Userrname and PW with radius and active directory
 Date:  Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:45:43 +0200
Hello,

can you help me ?

We want to use monowall for our guests (some 20 or more), which will use
our free-wireless-LAN-Connection.

I installed a wrap-image on the Wireless-Router-Application-Plattform (
www.tronico.net <http://www.tronico.net/> ) and configured everything
well with local user/PW authentication.

But it would be better to use radius against our Microsoft
Active-Directory (centralized user management !).

I have some experience with radius concerning username/PW in our
vpn-solution.

Now my questions:

Which vendor-type should be chosen in our Microsoft-Active-Directory for
the radius query from the monowall ?

Which additional settings do I have to check in our active-directory  so
that the username/PW authentication will work properly with our
monowall-solution ?

Are there any documentations concerning the connectivity of monowall and
Microsoft active directory ?

Thank you in advance for your help

Yours Sincerely

Matthias Mielke