[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Paul Taylor <PaulTaylor at winn dash dixie dot com>
 To:  Abdul Aziz <aaziz at justbooking dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] User Manager
 Date:  Mon, 10 Apr 2006 08:46:15 -0400
Abdul,

	The user manager restricts access to individual pages.  If rule
adds/edits are done on a different page, they can be restricted.  If rule
deletes are performed from the screen that lets you view the rules, then the
user will be able to perform the delete action.

	In future versions of Monowall, this functionality may be further
broken down so that permissions may be more granular.  I'm not sure what the
consensus is among the developers.  At this time, I suggest that users not
be given access to the rules page.

	If you simply want to allow the user to troubleshoot, the
diagnostics: Firewall Logs page should let them see what packets are being
blocked.  (In our environment, our operations group has access to logs, but
not the actual rules pages)

Paul