[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "C. Andrew Zook" <andrewzook at pdqlocks dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  VPN tunnel comes online, other tunnels drop packets / latency doubles
 Date:  Mon, 10 Apr 2006 08:58:34 -0400
Hello all,

I have a WRAP with 1.22 installed. I have 5 ipsec tunnels connected to it.

When one of the tunnels is offline and connects, it sends my latency
through the roof and causes dropped packets on the other existing
connections.

I have traffic shaping enabled, and I have throttled my connection speed
way down from what the ISP has spec'd based on results from speed tests.

What am I doing wrong? Is the WRAP board just not fast enough for this?
Should I switch to a standard PC setup? Is my internet provider that bad?

The tunnels do not carry much traffic. The only connections are to an
inventory control software package that sends a similare amount of
traffic as telnet would.... only a total combined 200 mb / day.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Andy