[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Paul Taylor <PaulTaylor at winn dash dixie dot com>
 To:  "C. Andrew Zook" <andrewzook at pdqlocks dot com>, Paul Taylor <PaulTaylor at winn dash dixie dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Does Traffic Shaper Suck??
 Date:  Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:45:26 -0400
1.5 Mbps auto-adjust?  I'm not familiar with that.  What service provider
offers this?  (A link to service info page would be helpful.)

Does this mean that if you are downloading something at 1.0 Mbps, your
uplink speed is limited to 500 Mbps?

I would think that by limiting both the uplink and downlink speeds to about
1/2 of the overall bandwidth, it would probably work, since the ISP wouldn't
be adjusting anything.  (Though it sounds like you've already tried this)

Could this be related to MTU size through the VPN tunnel?

Paul

From: Paul Taylor <PaulTaylor at winn dash dixie dot com>
To: "C. Andrew Zook" <andrewzook at pdqlocks dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
Date: 04/10/2006 12:23 PM