[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "C. Andrew Zook" <andrewzook at pdqlocks dot com>
 To:  Jeff Buehler <jeff at buehlertech dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Does Traffic Shaper Suck??
 Date:  Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:25:40 -0400
I have done a number of speed tests, and they all report that both my
upload and download speeds are equal (around the 1380kbps range - when
measured at separate times)....

I think my mistake may be in not understanding the different speed units
used. I can't quite seem to get a grip on this!

I have also tried to ensure that my wireless is stable at speed. I
started to download a debian ISO as a test and cut my download speed
back until I saw no dropped packets over a 15 minute period.

At this download speed, Firefox reported that the download speed was
around 130KB/s, and the traffic meter on m0n0 was listing the download
as 900Kbps.

The traffic shaper lists speed as Kbit/s..... I assume that this is the
same unit of measure as the traffic graph's Kbps?

Thanks!
CAZ