[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Raylund Lai <raylund dot lai at kankanwoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  intermittent problem with connections initialized from outside after upgraded to 1.22
 Date:  Fri, 07 Apr 2006 20:28:49 -0400
Hi,

Last Sunday I've upgraded from 1.21 to 1.22.  Since then, I seemed to
have problem of connections initialized from outside.

The symptom is that outside world seemed to have difficulty to connect
to my servers (they're NATed) behind my m0n0wall.  Sometime the browser
said page cannot be found, sometime the server refused to connect,
sometime the web page waited long to load, sometime the web pages load
fast and then stop at some points.  .I also has a number of email went
to my backup MX too.

All the about is from outside.  I've no problem surfing the internet,
downloading.  I checked my servers resources and nothing abnormal.  The
modem log and m0n0wall syslogs look normal too.  No disconnection or
stability issue on the line.

I reversed back to 1.21.  Then everything seems alright now.

Does anyone facing the same symptom as mine?

Is the new version requirements are higher?  I only have Pentium Pro
200, 192MB RAM and 3C905 NIC with m0n0wall on harddisk.

Cheers
Raylund