[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Marc Fargas" <telenieko at gmail dot com>
 To:  "C. Andrew Zook" <andrewzook at pdqlocks dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Does Traffic Shaper Suck??
 Date:  Mon, 10 Apr 2006 21:22:52 +0200
Uhmm The first thing could be defining ONE unique pipe for all the
connection. So m0n0wall gets everything to 1.5Mbps, Then define some queues
(or use the standard ones changing all to the same pipe) and set a unique
rule that matches everything and gets to the highest priority queue. Try
bandwidth then, if OK then change the default rule to be the lowest one.
Match ICMP echo-request and ICMP echo-reply to the highest priority queue
you have. And that should work fine.

I think the important bit is the "unique pipe" as you have 1.5Mbps for
everything you cand define two 1.5Mbps pipes for upload/download and it's
non-sense to split it to 1.0Mbps and 500Kbps or something like that. A
unique pipe should go fine¡¡

Let us know if that solves something.
Marc Fargas