I have a wireless link which I would like to shape with my main router
as it has a bit more power than the 4511 on top of my house. Here is
the procedure I followed with no results on traffic. Thanks in advance
to anyone who spots my error.
1. Assign Interface xl1 to OPT1 & Rename to Rooftop Wireless (reboot)
2. Diagnostics -> Advanced -> Enable Filter Bridge (apply)
* at this point traffic still passes through the interface fine leading
me to believe it is not actually being pulled into m0n0wall and is
simply being passed over the LAN-OPT1 bridge.
3. Add a filter rule to allow any type of traffic from LAN to OPT1
4. Create a new pipe of 2000Kbits with adding 100ms delay for testing
5. Add a new shaping rule forcing any traffic on the OPT1 to be put
through my newly created pipe
After this was complete I examined the ping session I had with the
remote side noticing that the pings has remained a steady 8ms. After a
quick firewall reboot (just incase) the results were the same.