[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Martin Holst" <mail at martinh dot dk>
 To:  "'Falcor'" <falcor at netassassin dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: PPTP MTU problem!
 Date:  Thu, 22 Jan 2004 21:45:59 +0100
Hi again!

Yup, the PPTP is in the same range as LAN - its 192.168.1.16/28.
PPTP from WAN -> LAN is no problem. Seems it compensates for the MTU here.

The problem is DEFINITELY MTU-related! (as the log shows)
I don't get why MTU on PPTP-interface is 1396 - is this not a mistake?

See the log where a "icmp unreach/needfrag" is returned for a 1400 bytes
packet:

12:17:10.297090 ed0 @-1:-1 p 80.196.xxx.xxx -> 129.142.xxx.xxx PR icmp len
20 56 icmp unreach/needfrag for 129.142.xxx.xxx,80 - 80.196.xxx.xxx,5264 PR
tcp len 20 1400 K-S K-F OUT

12:17:10.296974 ng1 @0:23 p 129.142.xxx.xxx,80 -> 192.168.xxx.xxx,3484 PR
tcp len 20 1400 -A K-S K-F OUT

/Martin