[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Pauline Middelink <middelink at polyware dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  pb25 kills CF?
 Date:  Thu, 22 Jan 2004 23:40:13 +0100
Hi,

Just today I upgraded two monowall installations with one of our customers.
A few ours later he called. No more VPN and no more firewall :(
When connecting a screen to the machine and rebooting it, it became
quickly appearent why: it was trying to mount /cf uncleanly, and mount
was complaining about running fsck... Needless to say, the only way
to get the system back up was reformatting the CF and uploading the
config. It worked...

However, this never happend on the way lower versions they were running,
(pb13 something), and since it happend on two geographical seperate
locations, i'm hard pressed to believe the units are at fault. Could
the new FreeBSD kernel be alergic to lots of mounts/unmounts?

PS. The bug happend wehen I was clicking along in the new traffic shaper,
which was NOT yet enabled at the time. However, I presume every time I
press 'Save', it will save on CF.... Dunno what exactly happend at the
console, there is no screen attached during normal run hours.

Hope somebody notices something simalar, so we can compare notes.

Oh, the systems were upgraded to generic-pc-pb25r595.img

    Met vriendelijke groet,
        Pauline Middelink
--
GPG Key fingerprint = 2D5B 87A7 DDA6 0378 5DEA  BD3B 9A50 B416 E2D0 C3C2
For more details look at my website http://www.polyware.nl/~middelink