[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael A. Alderete" <lists dash 2003 at alderete dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  User Docs: Getting Started with m0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 22 Jan 2004 23:52:48 -0800
Although I have been following m0n0wall for quite a while, and had a
Soekris box sitting on my computer stand for nearly a year, I only recently
started setting up my home network to use m0n0wall.

In an effort to better understand what I was doing, and to contribute back
to the project, I spent some time writing a bit of documentation for
m0n0wall, a "Getting Started" guide intended for first-time users, who
would likely be using it just for basic DHCP and NAT (which is all I have
set up on my network so far):

<http://www.aldosoft.com/docs/m0n0wall-getting-started.html>

Feedback and corrections very welcome.

If the reception is positive, I'd like to continue to develop docs for the
project, with the intention of working on an advanced NAT section, a DMZ
section, and a firewall section (among other things). Of course, for those
more advanced topics, I'll probably need to pester some of the experts on
the list. ;-)

My intent is to offer these docs for integration into the official
documentation of the project, but at least initially, I'm working on these
independently.

I hope this is useful!

Michael

Michael A. Alderete           <mailto:lists dash 2003 at alderete dot com>
                                     <http://www.alderete.com>