[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] User Docs: Getting Started with m0n0wall
 Date:  Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:29:11 +1000
Hi Michael,

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 17:52, Michael A. Alderete wrote:
> Although I have been following m0n0wall for quite a while, and had a
> Soekris box sitting on my computer stand for nearly a year, I only recently
> started setting up my home network to use m0n0wall.
>
> In an effort to better understand what I was doing, and to contribute back
> to the project, I spent some time writing a bit of documentation for
> m0n0wall, a "Getting Started" guide intended for first-time users, who
> would likely be using it just for basic DHCP and NAT (which is all I have
> set up on my network so far):
>
> <http://www.aldosoft.com/docs/m0n0wall-getting-started.html>
>
> Feedback and corrections very welcome.
>
> If the reception is positive, I'd like to continue to develop docs for the
> project, with the intention of working on an advanced NAT section, a DMZ
> section, and a firewall section (among other things). Of course, for those
> more advanced topics, I'll probably need to pester some of the experts on
> the list. ;-)
>
> My intent is to offer these docs for integration into the official
> documentation of the project, but at least initially, I'm working on these
> independently.
>
> I hope this is useful!

As someone who has been known to provide a significant amount of
documentation for various Open Source projects in the past, let me say
that additional documentation for a project with seriously limited
existing documentation is always a good thing.

When I get a chance to play with m0n0wall a little more, I will be more
than willing to also help out in this area.  (Off to read your doc...)

Viva Open Source!

--

Regards,

Hilton Travis                   Email: Hilton at QuarkAV dot com
         Quark Computers        Phone: +61-(0)419-792-394
(Brisbane, Australia)            http://www.QuarkAV.com/

				http://www.mamboband.org/