[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Sergei Kostigoff" <sergei at kostigoff dot net>
 To:  "Michael A. Alderete" <lists dash 2003 at alderete dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] User Docs: Getting Started with m0n0wall
 Date:  Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:04:32 +0300
"Michael A. Alderete" <lists dash 2003 at alderete dot com> wrote on 23/01/2004
10:52:48:

> In an effort to better understand what I was doing, and to contribute
back
> to the project, I spent some time writing a bit of documentation for
> m0n0wall, a "Getting Started" guide intended for first-time users, who
> would likely be using it just for basic DHCP and NAT (which is all I
have
> set up on my network so far):
>
> <http://www.aldosoft.com/docs/m0n0wall-getting-started.html>
I am using the m0n0wall for very short period of time, and YES, your
document is quite useful. By recalling of my questions to the list (thanks
to all who helped) I see that your "Getting Started" is answered on almost
all my questions.

I would suggest some topics to be covered:
1. Could you please mention on how to enable ICMP, and advise why it is
not a good practice to do it.
2. Could you please mention about different behavior of the m0n0wall when
ISP provide public IP and private one.

Again using me (and few other people who asked similar things) as examples
this guide will decrease loading of the developers - they will receive
less naive questions.

Thank you for your effort. Your document is well organized, and helpful.

Regards,
Sergei