[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dick Morrell <dick at dickmorrell dot com>
 To:  EXT dash Mike dot Bradshaw at nokia dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall feature request
 Date:  Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:26:22 +0000
What a load of balls

> <RANT>
> For my money, if someone is using Open Source stuff then they should be prepared to follow what is
happening within the community (and give back to it, like the good beginners guide that Michael A.
Alderete has written, and made available)

> If you want the software maintainer to announce patches, upgrades etc, then pay them for it and
they should be only too happy to send you mail alerts, phone you whatever you want.
> In the firewall market there exists people like Cisco (PIX), Checkpoint (FW1) etc, who would be
MORE than happy to tell you all about their fine upgrades etc, once you have been separated from
your cash
> </RANT>
>
> I guess if you give Manuel enough money, he will email/phone you individually whenever a
patch/upgrade comes out :)

Sorry Mike having run an opensource project about 10000 times bigger
than M0n0wall I have to actually totally disagree. People on this list
already sponsor and will continue to sponsor Manuel but please get more
of a clue before addressing a topic you don't totally have a handle on.

No-one is asking Manuel to "do" anything. The beauty of opensource is
people like me can pick "needs" up, write the code and then contribute
it - thats how the community works. At least it has since 1996 when I
started writing opensource projects.

Dick