[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mark Spieth" <mspieth at neod dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall feature request
 Date:  Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:37:36 -0500
Physical security is a must, especially with how m0n0wall works. A login
screen to prevent access to the console to me is somewhat worthless if
you are running a PC to which they can pop out the floppy, modify it and
then reboot the firewall. Most people will reply that the average user
would not go through all that trouble.. That may be true, if that's the
case and you are just worried about someone coming in and changing your
password and then loggin into the m0n0wall, perhaps a rule against port
80 or 443 that only allows 1 workstation to access the admin page is in
order, Just create the rule, then even if they change the password they
can't access the m0n0wall config, once again unless they modify the
config.xml on the floppy...

Mark