[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christiaens Joachim <jchristi at oce dot be>
 To:  "'Mark Spieth'" <mspieth at neod dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall feature request
 Date:  Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:02:59 +0100

Maybe this whole console password - physical security thing is overlooking
one posibility. When m0n0wall was only aimed at the Soekris net4xxx embedded
PC's, console access was the same as physical access (being able to access
the serial port).
With the added support of generic PC's, there can be a separated console
(monitor + keyboard) outside of -say- a physically safe and locked 19" rack
(ex. half sized wallmount) where the m0n0wall resides. At remote sites or
small business customers (a big 'market' for m0n0wall), this is a very
realistic possibility.

Just a thought, I'm not asking to implement (really, I'm not :-)

Regards,
Joachim

MISSION STATEMENT

DISCLAIMER