[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael J Hess <mhess at nighthawkrad dot net>
 To:  "C. Andrew Zook" <andrewzook at pdqlocks dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Does Traffic Shaper Suck??
 Date:  Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:20:59 -0500
Just a question, but are you using the traffic shaper on the inside
(LAN) interface, or the outside (WAN) interface?

If it is on the (WAN) interface, it may not be able to determine what
packet is what, due to the fact that your VPN's are encrypted (No way to
tell what the data is... etc etc etc).  You may have to do all of the
traffic shaping rules on the LAN interface.

Mike

C. Andrew Zook wrote:
> When using traffic shaper, should I have "share bandwidth evenly on
> LAN" checked? This sounds like it would be more suitable for an
> internet cafe or something.
>
> Andy

*_Michael J Hess_*

*Nighthawk Radiology Services*