[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jonathan <jmt108 at student dot canterbury dot ac dot nz>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  compact flash boot read error
 Date:  Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:19:10 +1200
I have tried to boot from a compact flash card for several months and no
success.
According to all 3 computers, my Iomega CF card is 500/6/17 for a 32mb
card.
I have loaded it onto the disk using physdisk with both a newer computer
and the computer itself.
I have used linux to do it using the newer computer.

All I get is the same problem "Read error" when I boot.

Looking around problems that I already checked
awardbios read differently to phoenix when image size is less than 502mb)
-correct disk gemotry (all computers pick it up even a newer one)

I think it has something to do with m0n0walls boot loader because I
can't also boot a m0n0wall CD when I can easily boot win98.
Any other ideas I havn't thought of?

Jonathan