[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lew Maggio" <lew at lsfc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  firefox captive portal issue
 Date:  Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:35:51 -0500
I just upgraded to the m0n0wall 1.22 cd-rom.

I'm trying to get the captive portal working, and it is, but not with firefox.

I created the HTML, I can open the html file with IE and firefox.

Then I uploaded the HTML into the captive portal.  If I click "view
current page" under the HTML  upload box in m0n0wall's web interface,
I can view the captive portal page in IE and firefox.

But then if I get on my wireless system and actually use the captive
portal, it looks fine in IE, but it's all mangled in firefox.  The
pictures aren't showing up, the headings aren't showing up, the text
body isn't getting wrapped, it continues to scrawl off the page into
invisibility.  The continue button is not visible.  In the bottom bar
of firefox, it shows the raw HTML.

This also happened once on a monowall 1.1 system I had at work.  It
initially worked fine with firefox, then it started doing that and
you'd have to open the captive portal in IE, then it just magically
started working again with firefox.

Is this a known issue?  I searched the archive and didn't find anything.