[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Fritz Platzke" <fritz at milkpotato dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  IPSec tunnel from m0n0wall to linksys WRV54G
 Date:  Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:00:13 -0400
Greetings,

This is the first IPSec tunnel I've ever created and I'm having some issues.
Never had this problem connecting clients, then again I wasn't adding an
entire new subnet, just adding them as members to whatever network I needed.
Anyway.

I have two sites that I need to connect (obviously). A main site with local
addresses in the 192.168.100.0/24 range and static routes to a slew of other
sites needs to connect to a remote site with local addresses
192.168.222.0/24

At the remote site with the linksys WRV54G I have configured the local
subnet as 192.168.222.0/24 and the remote subnet as 192.168.221.0/24. On the
m0n0wall box I configured 192.168.221.0/24 as the local group and
192.168.222.0/24 as the remote. I matched up all of my keys and encyption
algorithms. I hit connect and the WRV54G says it's connected. I check the
m0n0wall logs and I see the handshake and that the devices are apparently
now connected.

This is where I start to get confused. I still have no connectivity between
the sites and I assume this is due to a routing issue. What do I need to
check to make sure everything is working properly? And If I'm missing a
route where does it need to go (in one gateway? in both?) and what exactly
does the route need to be?

Thanks in advance,

Fritz Platzke