[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  eric at austinconventioncenter dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  captive portal questions
 Date:  Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:20:54 -0500 (CDT)
I have a question regarding the captive portal

Can the captive portal be used with redirects?  For example: I configure
ACLs on my routers to direct all http & https traffic through ip of the
captive portal

or does the traffic going through the captive portal have to be a dhcp
client of the monowall server itself?

1) in testing, it seems that no traffic can pass through monowall until
the user accepts the agreement on the portal page that we setup. This
poses an issue to users who try to initiate a vpn or ftp session without
opening a browser 1st.  Please correct me if I may have missed a
setup/config option to work around this.

2) What if I have users that are on other subnets behind the monowall (and
not using dhcp-relay accross routers).

3) vpn clients behind monowall. If I can just route http/https traffic
thru monowall, I can then route outbound ipsec traffic thru a pix.
Although I understand there is a new feature in 1.22 addressing this, I
haven't tested it yet.

Thanks,
Eric