[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Don Munyak" <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP error 619
 Date:  Wed, 12 Apr 2006 12:44:47 -0400
On 4/12/06, Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com> wrote:

> Our network/firewall is nat'd, so I am aware that only one workstation
> can pptp to a given pptp server....but, I have checked. There is no
> one else connected to the remote office, after I log off.

Sometimes the states don't get cleanly closed upon disconnect, which
causes 619's for the reason you mentioned (the firewall still thinks
the other client is connected).  Manually clearing the state table
will work around that.  Depending on what kind of applications you
run, that might be a major problem, or might be transparent.

I'm not aware of any good fix for the problem.  From what I've seen,
it just seems to happen periodically.  It's never been a major issue
for me, so I haven't really looked into it.

-Chris