[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "MonoWall-General List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] how do i block a particular client internet access
 Date:  Wed, 12 Apr 2006 13:23:44 -0400
On 4/10/06, Alain Fauconnet <alain at ait dot ac dot th> wrote:

> Thanks for the info. Actually I had overlooked the fact that Jan does
> *not* use the captive portal at all, as he wrote. Will such rules be
> even considered in this case or not?

ipfw in m0n0wall is a loadable kernel module that's loaded when
captive portal or traffic shaper is active, and not loaded when they
aren't.  So if you aren't using either, ipfw won't be loaded, and you
won't be able to use any ipfw rules.  If you want ipfw loaded for some
reason like this, but don't want to use either, you could enable
captive portal on an unused interface (assuming you have one or could
add one).

-Chris