[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  mtnbkr <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com>
 To:  "C. Andrew Zook" <andrewzook at pdqlocks dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Way to force reboot at midnight?
 Date:  Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:03:31 -0400
C. Andrew Zook wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am looking for a way to force a reboot at a certain time. Any idea how
> to do this?
>
> Thanks
> Andy

Not sure why you would want to reboot a FreeBSD firewall all willy-nilly
like that, but it is possible with m0n0wall thanks to the exec.php and
exec_raw.php scripts.

Check out the PoorMansTimeBasedRules to learn how you can do this
remotely from a cron job on another system server.

http://wiki.m0n0.ch/wikka.php?wakka=PoorMansTimeBasedRules

I wrote that back in Nov/Dec 2005 after implementing it for a client.
You only need to concern yourself with the concepts of configuring the
server and sending commands to the m0n0wall.  The rest is firewall rules
specific.

Of course, you could always just plug your m0n0wall box into some
electrical timer. Bu where's the fun in such a simple solution? :)

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

--
Bill Arlofski