[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron Cherman" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  "'Monowall Email List'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DNS problem on 1.21
 Date:  Wed, 12 Apr 2006 14:17:58 -0600
Quoting: "Karsten Thomsen" <KT at Tinesvej dot dk>

> If I run nslookup on one of my clients it tells me that my m0n0wall is the
> DNS, so that is good, and if I try to ping www.google.com I also get
> response, but if I open my browser and type in www.google.com I don't get
> in
> to the web site.
>
> What is it that I'm missing ?
>
> Regards
> Karsten

Are you by chance using VLANs?  I had a number of problems with this from
VLAN interfaces.  I could ping all site but only web browse to some, and
different machines acted differently.  I had to lower the MTU on the VLAN
interfaces ( I went to 1400 to be safe).

If you are not using VLANs it looks like you've tried all of the things I
would look for.

Aaron