[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] frequent PPPoE disconnects
 Date:  Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:53:45 -0400
On 4/10/06, Andrew Kemp <akemp at iquest dot net> wrote:
> here is the status file when the link goes dead on me. see anything
> weird? i sure hope so, im at my wits end. although this morning, the
> modem also had to be rebooted to get the link to come back.

Since you were on the same ISP at the previous location and never had
an issue there, and now you end up having to power cycle your modem to
make the connection come back, this is really looking like it isn't
m0n0wall-related.  I'm no PPPoE expert, as I avoid it as much as
possible, but that log looks like it's trying repeatedly to connect
and can't.

I'd try swapping NIC's just for the heck of it, and if that doesn't
work, I'd look back at the provider again being the issue.  At that
point, I'd either change providers or try to get it escalated to
higher level support people with the ISP who can do more than read a
script and tell you to reboot.

-Chris