[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] dhcp server error
 Date:  Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:14:33 -0400
On 4/12/06, Anthony Hess <anthony dot hess at tamucc dot edu> wrote:
> We had approx. 100 users access the monowall, but only the first 40 or so =
> were able to get dhcp ip's. The rest did not recieve an ip. this was the =
> only thing we could find in the logs (dhcp):
>
> dhcpd: commit_leases: unable to commit: no space left on device

DHCP lease databases can get big, and since m0n0wall runs out of RAM,
it doesn't take a large DHCP deployment to exhaust the RAM space
available.  I believe this is more of an issue with short lease times
than longer ones.

If you're going to have 200+ DHCP clients, I'd strongly recommend a
dedicated DHCP server.

-Chris