[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Raylund Lai <raylund dot lai at kankanwoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ip alias on WAN not recommended
 Date:  Thu, 13 Apr 2006 00:42:44 -0400
Hi Chris,

Yes, I don't need to do so as my m0n0 was working since last Nov that I
subscribed to 8 static ip (through PPPoE).

But 2 weeks ago, http/smtp/ssh... initialized from outside get
intermittent connection.  And only ssh get continuous connection once
connected.  But any connection going outside to internet is normal and
at full speed.

Today, I do the alias and let isp to ping to my static ip.  Funny that
only some could be pingable and other couldn't be ping.  Sometime the
previously pingable ip turned to be non-pingable and the non-pingable
could be pingable again.  All in all, totally mess up.

I've changed 2 different m0n0wall hardware and restore several months
ago config backup.  I changed my modem too.  The problem like ghost on
my subnet.

Let see what the isp can do now.  I'm running out of clue.

Cheers
Raylund

p.s. my subnet /29 is dynamically routed by the isp as they assign me a
dynamic ip when authenticated by PPPoE.