[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Marko Vukovic <marko at aquamanta dot co dot za>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] vpn dynamic ip question
 Date:  Thu, 13 Apr 2006 15:36:21 +0200
On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 04:22 +0000, Andres 3482 wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I´m new to m0n0wall. I´m tryng to setup a vpn connection over wan
> (internet).
> The  question is: I have not find the option to setup the vpn tunnel with
> dynamic ip address in wan interface...

Hi Andres

This is also something that bugs me as most ADSL providers in my country
(ZA) also only issue dynamic IP's.

I believe that with IPSEC VPN, *at least one* node must have a fixed IP.
The m0n0 that is on a dynamic IP must be set up in Transport mode (ie.
as a 'Mobile client').

I'm not sure what the case is for PPTP.

Ciao
--