[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tortise <tortise at paradise dot net dot nz>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  CD Boot Problem
 Date:  Fri, 14 Apr 2006 11:09:28 +1200
Hi

I have a Pentium 166 box (96M RAM) which I cannot get to boot from the m0n0wall CD, for the life of
me, having tried burning the CD
closed and at the slowest speed available to me.

The BIOS is supposed to boot from CD's and does try but hangs.

I have failed to get later BIOS installed for the Motherboard, although tried extensively.  Seems I
cannot source the right version
of awdflash.exe?!   (Soyo motherboard 5TF)

My question and suggestion is whether it could be done or has been done to make the floppy disc boot
into CD's in these
circumstances AND contain the config XML?

In anticipation many thanks.

Kind regards
David Hingston
Chequers Software
New Zealand Developers of Productivity Software
http://www.cheqsoft.com