[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Rolf Sommerhalder" <rolf dot sommerhalder at alumni dot ethz dot ch>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  cmariotti at xunity dot com
 Subject:  Re: Load Balancing? Yes/No?
 Date:  Fri, 14 Apr 2006 10:20:39 +0200
The very compact revserse HTTP & HTTPS proxy "pound" (
http://www.apsis.ch/pound/ ) provides the load balancing you are
probably looking for, among other nice features such as application
tracking, URL sanitizer, server test/fail-over/-back, and application
session tracking.

I am currently running it on an OpenBSD3.9-current server which is
located in one of my firewall's DMZs. Actually, I consider
implementing a pound as a m0n0wall extension module, as it is small
and would make a great funtional extension for m0n0wall without adding
much bloat (security exposure, code size, parametrization complexity,
etc.).

However, before getting started and seting up a m0n0wall development
environment (again), I somehow wait for clarification on what will be
m0n0wall's next OS platform :-)

Rolf